Sunday, August 21, 2011

WARNING WARNING WARNING

NEVER go to the Kid Kutz/Hair Sense in the Westfield Shopping Center in Bay Shore NY.

I decided I was going to take BB and her friend to go get feather extensions PLUS BB needed a hair cut. As BB's hair is like mine (Wild, out of control, curly, crazy, etc.) I don't much care where we go because it is pretty hard to fuck up a trim with hair like that.

I call Kid Kutz and what I thought was a pushy, obnoxious Asian woman answers the phone. (It turns out it was a pushy, obnoxious Asian man).

Pushy Asian Man (PAM):  HELLO

Me: Yes. Hi I would like to make an appointment to get a trim for my daughter and feather extensions for her and her friend.

PAM: I the best around. How you hear from us? Who refer you? I the best around I do good job for you.

Me: No one referred me I just want to make an appointment. You are in the mall right?

PAM: I the best around. I do good job for you.

Me: Ok can I come in around 3PM?

PAM: Yes 3PM when you want to come in? I do best job for you.

Me:  Fine.

So, off to the mall we go. I should have run out right away, but let's face it, I had four kids with me, and need to get shit done.

BB gets in the chair and the guy brushes her hair. Hard. Without wetting it at all. No shampoo, no conditioner, no spray bottle, NO NOTHING. Now, BB's hair is a frizzy disgusting mess. He then turns to me and says:

PAM: She need hot oil conditioning treatment. Her hair all broken. No healthy. No good. I do hot oil treatment.

ME: NO, she is not getting a hot oil treatment. She is 7. I take care of her hair at home. It is summer, she is in the pool all day long. I just want a trim.

PAM: I do blow out she need condition.

ME: NO.

PAM: What about other girl? Her hair no healthy either. Very bad. She need ...

ME: NO. That one isn't my kid and I'm not touching her hair! I have authorization to get her a feather extension ONLY.

The stupid ass continues to cut her hair DRY.  It looks quite terrifying.

PAM: You hair too short for you face. You need longer. I give you nice shape. You need nice shape you face too small you hair to wide. I give you nice shape.

ME: I'm in the mall with 4 kids. You think I have time for this?

In my head I am thinking: you fucking douche bag, you are destroying my baby's hair!!! In any event, the feather extensions came out ok, however the haircut is something else!

First of all BB has one lock of hair that is WAY longer than the others. AND IT IS SUPER SUPER SHORT. I couldn't tell how short it was because he had brushed it and frizzed it all to hell.

Fucking assholes!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

On the plus side, I did make a new friend. She was one of the many people who stopped me in disbelief wondering if all 4 children were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment